Give more and support young entrepreneurs on 13 March
The Association of African Entrepeneurs (AAE) is partnering with the Youth Employment Network, established by the United Nations and World Bank, to create innovative, long-term solutions to the youth employment challenges occurring in Africa – but they need your support.
The solution they have proposed involves e-coaching programs, offering mentor support and access to basic technology including computers and internet, to empower those who face the biggest challenges in accessing employment – women and youth.
Sixty per cent of unemployment in Ghana occurs in the 15 to 24 year age group, one of the highest youth unemployment rates in the world. By providing formal and informal access to industry-based knowledge and educational opportunities AAE, hopes its program can work to change this statistic.
Trainee Bernice Adotey,24, has been supported by the Association of African Entrepreneurs and said of the program: “it is such a wonderful initiative and it has influenced me in many ways regarding my future plans and ideas.”
Cornelius Nartey of AAE said “We believe this program has the ability to help young African entrepreneurs, however to make it all happen we need the support of volunteers and the generous donations of donors.”
If you, or your organisation, are interested in supporting the program, consider making a donation on Bonus Day, 13 March 2013. The sponsor of Bonus Day, Global Giving, has committed to matching 30 per cent of your donations made to AAE on this date, up to the value of $1000 until $50,000 of allocated funds run out. That’s up to an additional $300 per donation, which could pay the wages of 16 labourers or buy 120 boxes of nails.
Donating on 13 March, and giving more, is easy:
- visit http://www.globalgiving.org/project/projectaae between 9.00am and 11.59pm (GMT-5). To find out what time you should visit in your city visit http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Bonus+Day+March+13&iso=20130313T09&p1=263;
- in the right hand column select whether you would like to make a one-time donation, a recurring donation or a gift on behalf of another person;
- select or enter the amount you would like to donate;
- click donate and enter your personal and payment details;
- payment is accepted via credit card, pay pal and a range of alternative methods.
To find out more visit: http://www.aaeafrica.org/home